Thursday, September 22, 2011

Where the Animals Play


                           This past May I hitchiked to Berlin and spent a week in this teeming city. This place is so bombed with graffiti and street art and exploding with visual energy. One of my highlights to this trip was seeing one of my favorite bands, Animal Collective, play!



                                                        Where the Animals Play



                                                                     The Incredible Dance



  A short poem I wrote about that night I experienced Animal Collective.



 I still have my ticket! I'm currently using it as a bookmark in Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke.
             


        I was busy dancing my heart out but I managed to snap this quick photo, I was right next to the stage! 



                   My hitchhiking partner, Lynn. :)  Although this photo was taken in Southern France.



                   A quick sketch of Lynn from inside the Metro...and a random guy chewing bubble gum.



                               The graffiti bombed area of Berlin where Animal Collective played.
                     
                Some of that cool graffiti...






                           Animal Collective...





2 comments: